WE ARE ALWAYS ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS
- There is no limit on submissions
- There are no limits on what a submission can be (whether fiction, non-fiction, poetry, photography, painting, etc.)
- You do not have to do an interview if you submit a piece
- herHABITAT does not have ownership rights to your work
- We do have the right to publish your piece on various platforms
- You can submit/publish anonymously
- All works must be original/belong to you
- You cannot submit for another person without their express permission and knowledge
- We will not publish derogatory, racist, sexist, homophobic pieces or anything else that isolates or harms individuals (if you are publishing a non-fiction piece, we ask that any real names either be confirmed or changed for safety and legal reasons. if you choose not to do so we do not take responsibility for the publishing of these names) ((pieces about your own experiences with racism, sexism, homophobia etc are accepted, as long as they do not promote these ideas))
- Work should be about your personal experiences/thoughts/emotions/point of view
- If you have someone you would like us to interview or publish please provide us with their contact information as well as a reason you feel inspired by them/think we should connect with them
- If you have any ideas for collaborations or community projects please contact us
- herHABITAT is not intended as a promotional platform, but as a place to share inspiration and build community
- If you would like your work edited, please let us know upon submission – we do not guarantee to be able to edit all works
- It is not necessary to know any of the herHABITAT staff/affiliations to submit work
. . . . .
To submit work please fill out a form below
We ask that when sending work to please give us a quick briefing as to what the piece is about and why you would like to submit it. If you can, please also let us know how you found out about herHABITAT. It is customary for us to ask all submitters if they are interested in doing an interview – if you are not interested please let us know! If you want to know anything about the interview or submission process feel free to come to us with any questions or concerns. If you want to submit or nominate anyone for an interview or article please include contact information for this person or, better yet, reach out to them and share herHABITAT with them so they can submit themselves. We have a small team and would love to minimize any middle-man foot work!
Once you have filled out the form below we’ll get back to you ASAP to answer any questions, concerns, or let you know if you have what we’re looking for.
with love, herHABITAT